How does “Microneedle Therapy System” work?
At the heart of Microneedle Therapy System (MTS) is our patented MTS Roller™ – a unique ‘Class I’ supplemental medical device that is ideal for non-surgical and non-ablative treatment of various skin conditions such as aging (wrinkles, stretching), scarring (acne, surgical), and hyperpigmentation. Clinical studies have shown MTS (microneedle therapy system) to be more effective than ablative treatments like laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, and chemical peel and just as effective as non-ablative treatments like IPL, CO2 laser, and Fraxel in stimulating collagen and elastin production to thicken the skin thereby erasing wrinkles and smoothing scars.
MTS Roller™ uses 200 very fine needles to injures the skin sufficiently enough to stimulate collagen/elastin production. Resulting micro-channels also aid in infusing therapeutic serums for greater penetration and increasing overall efficacy. Clinical studies from Europe, U.S. and South Korea have proven that serum absorption is increased by as much as 1,000 times when applied with MTS Roller(1). Clinical studies have also shown that treatment with MTS Roller is more consistent in increasing the thickness of the skin than IPL and other resurfacing treatments(2).
There are THREE major advantages for using MTS Roller:
- MTS Rollers are revolutionary. They do the same job that lasers and other ablative methods by increasing the production of collagen with minimal damage to the protective layer of the skin.
- MTS Rollers are effective. In fact, just as effective as lasers, IPL, Thermage and other ‘machine-based’ treatments, but at a fraction of the cost to practitioners and patients.
- MTS Rollers are safe. “Non-surgical and non-ablative” means more ‘forgiving’ and skin-friendly treatments. Patients experience little or no pain, downtime, and risk for complications.
Fast Recuperative Power
The gentle stimulus provided by the MTS Roller is far more “skin friendly” and thus far more effective than many other more invasive and more expensive skin treatments. MTS Roller leaves the entire epidermal barrier fully intact; micro-channels created by 200 precision surgical steel needles seal within hours after application: long enough for new collagen-structures to form within the lower layers of the skin and short enough to allow the patient to resume normal schedules quickly. MTS Rollers eliminate all common negative side effects and risks associated with chemical peeling, dermabrasion, and laser-resurfacing. The skin is thicker and ready sooner for additional treatment. Personal MTS models (CR2, CR3) are virtually painless; clinical models (CR5, CR10, CR20, CR30) should be used with a topical anesthetic.
Ablative treatments like dermabrasion, chemical peel and laser re-surfacing to do one thing: remove the protective epidermis to force the body to produce a new tissue layer. However, once the epidermis is removed the lower levels of skin is completely exposed – vulnerable to environmental contamination from dirt, dust, and bacteria. Certain risks must be accepted with these procedures: pain, long-term discomfort, long prevailing inflammation and redness, long healing period, extreme light-sensitivity for a month or more, possible irreversible pigment changes and even additional scarring.
Ablative treatments have their limits. Due to different skin structures on neck for instance, laser re-surfacing may not be possible. Moreover, because these treatments leave the skin thinner, in some cases these procedures may actually age the skin. MTS Roller is far more ‘skin friendly’ by doing far less damage and thereby encouraging faster, longer-lasting positive effects. Since the skin can recuperate faster after MTS treatment – often hours after treatment – the patient may see noticeable positive results sooner.
Clinical Features of MTS Roller™
- MTS Roller is cost-effective compared to conventional treatments – in some cases, less than 10% the cost of other treatments like laser resurfacing.
- MTS Roller lasts longer than other rollers – our patented design and superior materials gives MTS Roller twice the lifespan of most other roller brands – up to 6 months if you follow our simple cleaning and care instructions3.